Tampa International Airport Wins America’s Best Restroom Contest
- Oct 21, 2022
The Airport’s newly renovated Airside C restrooms, led by Beck’s design and construction teams, earned the prize
Tampa International Airport is the 2022 winner in Cintas Corporation’s America’s Best Restroom® contest for its recently renovated Airside C restrooms.
The 21st annual contest celebrates innovative and hygienic public restrooms across the country. It featured ten finalists based on cleanliness, visual appeal, innovation, functionality, and unique design elements.
“Tampa International Airport has always provided guests with a world-class restroom experience,” said TPA CEO Joe Lopano. “A lot of work and resources went into designing and building state-of-the-art restrooms at our busiest terminal, Airside C. We’re thrilled they are now recognized by Cintas and contest voters as America’s best.”
The Restroom’s Unique Design Features
The Beck Group led the design and construction of Airside C’s restrooms which boast high design, ample space, and quality craftsmanship. Renovation highlights that Beck and TPA implemented in Airside C’s facilities include:
- A welcoming entrance for travelers. The large, easy-to-see signage and stunning deep blue stone walls are reminiscent of waves crashing on Florida’s beautiful shores.
- Inside the restrooms are large format tiles on the floors that seamlessly fold up the walls. The look reinforces a “freshly cleaned” aesthetic and a well-lit environment that travelers prefer while at an airport.
- A wood-look wall tile adds warmth and softness for a balanced, resort-like feel.
- High-res images of Florida flora reinforce the luxury feel in the spaces. The art is on floor-to-ceiling sheets of impact-resistant glass, ensuring their beauty for years to come.
- The aesthetic is complete with light-colored solid surface vanities, which incorporate TPA’s signature “cockpit” concept. The “cockpit” provides guests with their sensor-activating sink and soap, personal paper towel dispensers, and trash receptacle, all within arm’s reach!
As this year’s winner, the Tampa International Airport will receive a Cintas UltraClean® restroom cleaning service and $2,500 in Cintas products and services. It plans to donate the prize to its neighbors in south Florida who are recovering from the impact of Hurricane Ian.