2015 Megachurch Report Released
- Dec 2, 2015
Megachurches continue to be one of the major trends of growth and spiritual health among religious communities worldwide. As the architectural and construction firm of choice for many leading megachurches around the world, Beck is honored to be the sponsor of a major new research report about megachurches.
To listen to a Webinar on the report’s findings click here.
The report by Scott Thumma, Ph.D., of the Hartford Institute and Warren Bird, Ph.D., Director of Research and Intellectual Capital Development at Leadership Network, resulted in these findings and more:
- Megachurches founded since 1990 are growing at a far more rapid rate compared to older megachurches.
- The majority of megachurches have multiple locations.
- Megachurches hold an average of five services each weekend.
- Global missions are a major emphasis or a specialty.
- The media seating capacity of a megachurch’s main sanctuary is 1,200 down from 1,500 seats five years ago.
For 20 years Beck has helped megachurches create some truly revolutionary building strategies to support their extraordinary visions. “Whether it’s a church of 14,000 in 14 locations, or 40,000 persons worshiping in a single densely populated urban location, megachurches have always challenged conventional thinking not just about buildings, but on how communities function,” says Tom Greenwood, Director of Beck’s Faith-Based design. “To meet the ever-changing building needs of megachurches and the Christian world, it’s important to have research like this.”
To request a copy of the full Megachurches 2015 Report, please complete the form below.
Request More Information on this Article