How We’re Managing COVID-19 at The Beck Group
- Mar 27, 2020
At The Beck Group, we care about the health and safety of our people, clients, and community. I want to share an update on our efforts to help keep operations up and running during the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
We are monitoring the situation closely and are actively following updates from the appropriate sources and resources, including these updates from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). We are also taking precautionary measures for the health and safety of our customers and teams to ensure we live up to our value of caring.
We will do everything to keep our operations and projects running, and you safe during this evolving situation. As a result, we’re instituting a pandemic plan across the organization that includes health and safety protocols so we can continue to serve, including:
- Practicing social distancing and hyper-hygiene.
- Shifting to modified and remote work plans.
- Increasing the number of hand sanitizing areas at job sites, and ensuring every employee has an individual bottle of sanitizer to keep with them at all times.
- Regularly and properly washing hands.
- Employees exhibiting flu-like symptoms are required to stay home from work for at least 24 hours or after their fever disappears.
- Teaching proper cleaning and sanitizing procedures. We are reviewing these with staff during our weekly safety meetings to ensure all personnel understands our protocol and has the proper protective equipment.
- Stopping all nonessential business travel and large group meetings until further notice. In place of travel and large meetings, we are holding remote meetings.
- If employees travel to an area of concern or take a cruise, we are enforcing a 14-day self-quarantine upon their return.
- Screening all individuals before they enter a Beck jobsite.
- We have a process for managing potential cases. Our COVID-19 Case Management Protocol includes a watch list, monitoring list, and steps for handling situations involving those at risk, with suspected or confirmed cases.
- Our project teams are checking on material and equipment deliveries and putting together contingency plans in case they are delayed.
Our highest priority is safety and health. As we navigate this time, our goal is to make informed choices that benefit ourselves and one another, so we thank you for your trust and partnership.
Chief Executive Officer, The Beck Group